On 15 September 2022, the Civil Court of Milan rejected in its entirety a claim brought by Iliad, seeking compensation for the damages allegedly caused by a competitor’s unfair market conduct, and condemned the claimant to pay the litigation expenses. The full judgement was issued in April 2023.
Continue reading THE CIVIL COURT OF MILAN DISMISSES A DAMAGES CLAIM CONCERNING THE MOBILE TELECOMMUNICATIONS MARKET →
We are pleased to announce the 2023 edition of the Lear Competition Festival, #LCF23, with exciting news!
Be part of this new edition of the Lear Competition Festival, where academics and practitioners discuss cutting-edge topics in the field of competition law and economics. During plenary and parallel sessions, you will have the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of specific #antitrust concerns and network with key actors in the competition field.
Continue reading Lear Competition Festival 2023 →
The program includes:
- 2 plenary sessions held by panels of renowned academics and practitioners
- 1 roundtable with the chairs of National Competition Authorities from the UK, Greece and Spain
- 4 sessions devoted to hot cases and tools for antitrust analysis, managed by LCF partners including @Dentons, @Freshfields Bruchkaus Deringer, @Orrick and @Osborne Clarke
- 1 book presentation and ensuing discussion on the ex post evaluation of competition policy interventions
- Presentation of the Young Talent Competition Award, a unique opportunity for young economists and lawyers rewarding the best research proposal in the competition field
- The LCF talk, an in-depth interview with Olivier Guersent, the Director-General of the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Competition, and Andreas Schwab, Internal Markets Committee Rapporteur at the European Parliament, conducted by our media partner PaRR
Continue reading Lear Competition Festival 2021 – Virtual Edition from 9 to11 June →
Lear has been selected by the EBRD to provide technical assistance to the Armenian State Commission for the Protection of Economic Competition (“SCPEC RA”). The aim of the project is to support the institutional development, policy enforcement capacity, and advocacy activities of the SCPEC RA, through a comprehensive capacity building programme based on extensive trainings, advocacy support, market studies and secondary legislation drafting. Continue reading NEW PROJECT TO SUPPORT THE ARMENIAN STATE COMMISSION FOR THE PROTECTION OF ECONOMIC COMPETITION →
DG Competition organised an interesting webinar on the ex post economic evaluation of European competition policy. Paolo Buccirossi spoke about the abuse of dominance cases.
The slides from the webinar are now available on DG Competition’s website, here
The recording of webinar are available here Continue reading Webinar on the “Ex-post economic evaluation of European competition policy” →
Due to the current health emergency and the governmental provisions related to the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic, the Lear Competition Festival will not take place in June 2020, as originally planned and proposed.
In agreement with our partners, the Lear Competition Festival is postponed to 9-11 June 2021.
We are working with the same enthusiasm to organize a Festival with even more initiatives, always striving for the highest qualitative standards.
In the forthcoming months, we will keep you updated on any news related to the LCF and, for any information, you can visit our website www.learcompetitionfestival.com.